- About ACCE
- Contact Us
2013 Study Tour ISTE
There are no obligations by filling in this form. The purpose is for ACCE Board members to gauge participation interest in this tour.
Following the success of previous study tours (2008-2012), the Australian Council for Computers in Education (ACCE) has announced the 2013 study tour to North America.
This tour includes school, authority and industry visits culminating in attendance at the ISTE 2013 Conference in San Antonio.
This tour is equally suited to academics, school leaders, teachers from all sectors and IT staff. Karen Swift and Tina Haylock will provide the educational and organisational leadership for the tour group. Karen and Tina are Education Queensland teachers and are recognised leaders in the development and implementation of digital pedagogy.
The study tour is an opportunity to be part of an international delegation to the USA to:
- Share innovative and high quality practice in teaching and learning with and through technology
- Network with internationally recognised practitioners and leaders who use ICT in Education
- Network with education colleagues form around Australia
- Visit leading schools that make use of ICT in education
- Visit significant corporate ACCE partners
- Attend and / or present at the ISTE Conference, one of the largest education conferences in the USA.
Study Tour Details
Depart Australia June 11, 2013
Depart USA June 27, 2013 (arrive Australia June 29, 2013)
Educational Authority presentations
ISTE 2013 Conference attendance in San Antonio, June 23-26, 2013
Twin Share $7200 (single room accommodation available at added expense)
You can extend your stay post study tour however be aware that you will be required to depart for Australia from the same destination as the study tour group.
Additional individual costs (not included in Study Tour payment)
- Travel insurance (compulsory for study tour participation)
- Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) application for USA
- Checked in luggage on North American domestic flights which is paid directly to the airline at time of departure ($20-$25 per item)
- Free day activities