- About ACCE
- Digital Resources
ACEC2014: Day by Day
This is the day to connect with keynotes and other experienced presenters at the pre-conference masterclasses. There is also the option of taking one of two fully catered tours around some SA schools to see how IT is being used in their classrooms. After all that learning and networking, it will be time to open ACEC2014: Now IT’s Personal with the Welcome Reception at the Adelaide Convention Centre.
- Alec Couros Masterclass: Introduction to Personal Learning Networks & Connected Learning
- Google Masterclass with a team of Google Certified Teachers
- Kathy Schrock Masterclass: Creating Instructional Materials with the iPad FULL!
- School Tours
- Leadership forum: Digital Technologies
- Welcome Reception at the Adelaide Convention Centre
Day 1: Welcome to the first full day of ACEC2014! The day begins with the keynote address byAlec Couros Beyond Selfies, Likes, and Pokes: Embracing the Personal Learning Revolution. The remainder of the day is spent in break out sessions, where you can choose from over 70 sessions to personalise your program.
Some session highlights from Day 1 include:
- Conversations with the Keynote: a chance to chat personally with Alec Couros in the Theatrette at 10:30
- Teaching Students to Think with Scratch 2.0
- a workshop with Chris Betcher - ACCE Educator of the Year 2013
- CSIRO Education's ICT in Schools a partnership program A presentation by the CSIRO’s ICT Partnerships and Projects Coordinator, Joel Cowey
- Standby, Broadcasting, Welcome to the ACCELN: A presentation by the hosts of the ACCELN hangouts: Amanda Ramblin & Roland Gesthuizen, ACCE Educator of the Year 2009
- a fantastic conference-long stream of sessions in the MeetUp areas
Day 2: starts with the optional “Breakfast with the Keynotes” at the Stamford Plaza and only gets busier from there. Our keynote today is the ever-popular Kathy Schrockspeaking on Storytelling Across the Curriculum: Making Teaching Personal.Then it’s off to another day of sessions with a wide variety of topics.
- Personalisation with Mobile Technologies: A presentation by Christine Haynes- ACCE Educator of the Year 2013
- Speed Sharing Sessions
- Supporting Digital Technologies: the CSER MOOC: A workshop with Katrina Falkner – one of the organisers of the very popular CSER MOOC
- Is computer gaming the new ICT?: A refereed paper presentation by ACCE President, Jason Zagami
- Connecting a Community: A presentation with Kim Martin ACCE Educator of the Year 2014
Day 3: The final day of ACEC2014: Now IT’s Personal, but that doesn't mean today is going to be slower paced than the previous two. The day begins with a joint keynote with Sally-Ann Williams and Alan Noble CS + X - empowering the next generation for tomorrow's world. Then it’s off again to the last of the breakout sessions with highlights including:
- Iron Chef Finale: the finale of the innovative new concept hosted by Anthony Speranza & Narissa Leung
- Symposium Perspectives on 1:1 BYO stategies in schools: A panel symposium chaired by Prof Peter Twining from the UK
- Global Competence and Social Change: A workshop facilitated by Julie Lindsay (Co-founder of Flat Classroom Projects) & Cameron Paterson
- Digital Leaders Challenge "How personal was it?": The final chance to chat with the student digital leaders as they pose an important question about ACEC2014 – How Personal was it?
The last day of ACEC2014 ends with our final keynote speaker, ISTE CEO Brian Lewis, who will present his address, Embracing Change to Lead in a Connected World. A fantastic end to a fantastic conference!