- About ACCE
- Digital Resources
2017 Australian Study Tour
9 August, 2017 - 20 August, 2017
Sydney, Melbourne, Alice Springs, Cairns Sydney, Melbourne, Alice Springs, Cairns
How IT is done Down Under
You’ve always wanted an excuse to visit Australia, and this is it!
The Australian Council for Computers in Education (ACCE) invites you to an exciting study tour visiting cutting edge and unique schools, universities, and technology centres in Sydney, Melbourne, Alice Springs and Cairns.
Why Australia? Did you know:
- The 'black box' voice and instrument data recorder was invented by Dr David Warren in Melbourne.
- The world's first underwater computer with a five-button hand-held keypad was developed by Bruce Macdonald at the Australian Institute of Marine Science
- The Tasman Turtle (did more than what BeeBots do now) was developed in Tasmania as an output device for LOGO in 1979
- Australia had the world’s first 1:1 laptop program in 1990 at MLC Melbourne
- Australia’s “Digital Education Revolution” gave a laptop to each child in every school in years 9-12 and provided major wireless and networking upgrades to all schools.
- Australia’s ‘National Broadband Network’ is currently in progress, aiming to connect 98% of Australia’s population with fibre, wireless or satellite for a minimum 25Mbps internet access.
Aussies are an innovative people, and the way they tackle problems make it a must-do destination for those in the Educational Technology world.
There are only a limited number of places (23) available on this boutique tour, with partner programs available if there is sufficient demand.
President of ACCE, Martin Levins, will lead this tour and offers a personal invitation:
‘You’ll love this study tour, visiting lots of schools, both primary and secondary, seeing what is happening in leading schools in the major cities, initiatives in tertiary education, how educators are meeting extreme challenges in our wide brown land, with lots of opportunities to meet and talk with practising teachers and leaders.
The 2017 tour will work out at approximately USD4000 (twin share), which covers all domestic airfares ex Sydney, accommodation for the tour dates, transfers, cultural experiences in each visited state and some meals.