EdTechSA (pronounced: ed – teck, es – ay) is the pre-eminent South Australian professional association that provides support and leadership to all educators related to learning and teaching with Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), and the study of Information Technology (IT) and Digital Technologies as subject disciplines by:
- Providing high quality professional learning opportunities for educators and school leaders to learn from international, national and local experts.
- Promoting networking, communication and sharing within the educational community about research, quality practice, resources, and current issues and initiatives.
- Acting as an advocate on behalf of South Australian educators at national, state and local levels on educational issues related to ICT and IT.
- Contributing to the work of the Council of Education Associations of South Australia (CEASA), the Australian Council for Computers in Education (ACCE), and the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Recognising and celebrating excellence in the educational use of ICT in South Australia.
- Facilitating partnerships with industry and other professional associations to benefit educators and students.
EdTechSA supports educators working across the curriculum in all sectors of South Australian education including:
- Early childhood primary, secondary and preservice teachers across all learning areas;
- Information Technology and Digital Technologies subject specialists;
- Principals and school leadership teams;
- School network managers and technicians;
- Tertiary ICT educators and consultants.